Sunday, November 27, 2016

Airman book review


It looks like Hiccups gliding suit! doesn't it?

WOW....... just wow. That's what my first thought was when I finished one of my new favorite books, Airman. It had it all. Heart, a ingenious plot, gray characters, and sad moments. Then again, the author is Eoin Colfer so I can't really say I expected any less from the book. But still.........

The thing that really made this book interesting though, is the protagonist is a bit of a gray character. He becomes quite "interesting" when he is kidnapped and provided with two choices keep all your morals and get killed or abandon your moral and become a killer yourself in the hopes of surviving. I thought that added a very interesting aspect to the book.

Another thing I loved about the book is the intelligent plot. I've gotta tell you, I was not expecting such an ingenious plot from this book. When I first started reading the book, the plot didn't look like it would be anything special. A few chapters and plot twists later the book took a completely unexpected turn. However....... I at least figured out who the villain would be from the beginning, so I should at least get credit for that.

Don't think that this book is without lighthearted moments though. The heart in this story is yet another thing that made this story great. After all, a story without heart is like a killer with no knife. So in other words if you're writing a story make it heartfelt. Or in the case of the murderer if you're going to kill make it bloody.

And the final thing that I loved about this novel, is that Eoin Colfer didn't kill characters unnecessarily or just kill a bunch of characters I didn't care about. If/when he killed characters in the
book it had an actual purpose

  

As far as negatives go I don't really have anything negative to say about the book. Which is something I've said only once before this ( The only other time is when I read Rangers Apprentice)

Well, what did you think of the book? Did you have anything negative to say about it? Did you enjoy other things about it that I missed? Let me know in the comments below. Seriously, I would like nothing better than to geek out with you guys (No, that wasn't sarcasm)






No comments:

Post a Comment