Tuesday, November 8, 2016

My personal Rey theory (Mostly spoiler free)

Let's face it, the Rey Skywalker theory is pretty lame. Sure, it's pretty much the only theory backed up with facts, but that doesn't make it any less lame. I mean, come on. Do we really want yet another trilogy centering around the whiny bunch? I sure don't. And so because I'm in denial I have decided to make my own theory. So here is: My personal Rey theory




 
Most of you are probably expecting something totally dumb like. "Rey is a young Padawan that was injected with a super Jedi serum, and that's why her powers developed so quickly". Or "Rey is really Palpatine with a makeover" But actually, my theory is a moderately well-known one. My theory is *Drum roll* Rey is a Kenobi. Why you ask? Well, here are the "facts"


#1. The battle between Rey and Kylo was a reenactment of the fight between their grandfathers. Star Wars is full of parallels. Luke and Anakin both lost their arms in the 2nd movie of their trilogy, both trilogy's end with a funeral (Aka Padme and Darth Vader) and lets not forget Qui Gon Jin was killed in front of Obi-Wan in the first movie of the prequels, while Obi-Wan was killed in front of Luke in the first movie of the originals. So my point is: there are so many parallels in these movies that it seems very likely that the battle between Kylo and Rey was also a parallel to Obi-Wan vs Anakin.


#2. Rey was sneaking around star killer base is just like the time when Obi-Wan was sneaking around the death star. Once again we have a scene with a lot of parallels to the other movies. In this scene, Rey is sneaking around star killer base. Just like Obi-Wan was sneaking around the death star. Ugh! these movies have way too many parallels


#3. Luke's lighsaber calls to Rey. Most people (Fans of the Skywalkers) think that this points to Rey being Luke's daughter. However, that may not be true. Let's look at this from a different angle. It is true that the lightsaber was given too Anakin, who passed it down too Luke, and now it calls too Rey. But tell me, who was it that actually gave the lightsaber too Luke? Yup, old Ben Kenobi.



#4. The internet is trying to make us think that Rey is Luke's daughter. Seriously though, I can't tell you how many Rey Skywalker pins I get on my pinterest feed every day. It gets rather annoying. And I bet you if we did some research we would find that Disney is behind those memes. And did you know that Disney also hired a painter to paint a portrait of Rey titled Rey Skywalker? it sounds almost as if they're trying to convince us that Rey is a Skywalker. Doesn't it?


#5. Rey has a British accent. Other than C-3PO, Rey and Obi-Wan are the only two characters in star wars to have a British accent. And while this doesn't seem like much evidence, let me point out that John Boyega (Finn) has a natural British accent but he didn't get to use it.



#6. Bo Katan will be in Rebels season 3. Bo Katan (Dutchess satine's sister) will be in Rebels season 3. Why is this important? Well, Dutchess Satine was sort of Obi-Wan Kenobi's girlfriend in clone wars, but was killed off in season 4. After hearing this, I gave up on the Obi-Wan theory. That is until I learned that Dutchess Satine's sister was going to be in rebels season 3. So who knows, maybe Obi-Wan will pull a Steve Rogers and get together with his old girlfriends relative.





So there is my theory. I realize that most of the evidence I laid out is wishful thinking, and that frankly, my theory is probably wrong. But that's the fun of theories right? It's never fun if I have real evidence to support my theory.




Who do you think Rey is? Could she be a Skywalker, or a Kenobi, or maybe even a binks? Let me know your personal theory in the comments below. Don't worry, I won't go Kylo Ren on you and throw a temper tantrum if your theory is different than mine.





























No comments:

Post a Comment