Wednesday, November 23, 2016

The 4 types of mad haters

Don't you hate it when something that you love and enjoy is constantly being criticized? I know I do. Or even worse when they even try to talk you out of liking it. I can't tell you how many times I've said that I'm a fan of the Hunger Games or Harry Potter only to see the people listening cringe their nose and try to argue with me about it. But the worst part about it is, were all guilty of being a hater even me, and there is a reason why people are haters. In fact, let me tell you about 4 reasons why haters hate



#1. Jealousy. This is the reason I was a hater. I used to absolutely hate the Hunger Games. Why? you ask. Because I was jealous. Until a little while ago I wasn't allowed to read/watch the Hunger Games, so I thought "If I can't read them than I might as well hate them" I know, I know. It was a selfish thought.




#2. They want to have an opinion on something. We all want to have an opinion on something. I know I do at least. The problem is sometimes people want to have an opinion so bad that they decide to just yell trash at whatever the latest hater trend is. It sounds kind of like politics doesn't it?




#3. They believe that it will interfere with their faith. This one is a tough one, because I can understand where the people are coming from. I was actually on the fence about reading Harry Potter because I heard rumors that there were satanic elements in it. And because I am a Christ follower this was something I was very worried about. But I finally just decided to pray about it and ask God if it was ok if I read them. Fast forward two weeks and I had my answer. What happened is I was at my weekly youth group when my youth pastor decided to do a lesson on, what, is considered worldly. He said, "What makes something worldly or not depends on whether or not it distracts you from God" And just like that I had my answer. Pretty cool huh?




#4. They simply hate it. There isn't any real reason why they hate it. They simply just don't like it. Which I'm fine with, I too am a hater of some things just because I didn't like it (*Cough* The Maze Runner *Cough* *Cough*) The fact of the matter is. It's Ok to hate things, but try to keep your opinion respectful.




What do you think? Am I being too critical? What type of haters do you know? Leave your thoughts and opinions in the comments below.






No comments:

Post a Comment