Saturday, April 1, 2017

The Book Sacrifice Tag

Hey guys! So I originally was going to write a book review on Elantris , but I realized that there is just so much I want to say about the book, and I haven't been home much for the past two days, so instead of the review, I will be doing: The Book sacrifice tag.


So let the questions begin.


#1. What book do you think was overhyped? 
 Ooh there are just so many. Which one, which one. I'm going to have to say Riders. When I first heard about this book, I was so excited! and rather then staying loyal to my TBR list ,I got this book from the library straightaway and put my TBR on hold. Then I read it.............  I had so many issues with it, the main problem being I did not like the MC at all. He just didn't really have any qualities about him that I liked or respected, and when I'm unable to enjoy the protagonist of the story, there's usually a problem



#2. What was a sequel you hated?
The Scorch Trials. The sad thing is, I really enjoyed the first book of the trilogy. It had a great concept to it and I didn't find myself trying to rewrite every single sentence of it. Alas, the second and third drasticly fell down in terms of writing, subjecting the readers to endless torcher of reading his choppy writing. And for some reason Dashner decided it would be a good idea to throw in one of the worst female characters ever, the type of character that can only come from book hell: Brenda.



#3. What classical novel did you dislike most?
I would have to say Lord of the flies. I didn't really feel any connection to the characters due to the out of place writing style, and so I felt nothing when the characters were killed off.
  


#4. What one book in the world would you burn?
 I don't think my conscience would ever let me burn a book, but if I absolutely had to burn one it would probably be Eragon. This book is one of the few that I never finished. It bored me to tears, and the fact that it's been made into a whole series? I can't even think about it. For some reason these books are popular, which I'm not quite sure why, but hey there are weirder things that became popular *Cough* Twilight *Cough**Cough*



#5. What is a favorite book series of yours that you hated the ending of?
That's easy: The Heroes of Olympus. It had so much momentum going, the greeks and romans were going to work together, we would finally get to see what the next chapter for Percy holds, and there promised to be a great big battle. Well the so called "Great big battle" turned out to last about five pages, the ending just turned out to be really whimpy, and the book overall just really sucked. In the end it just all felt like fan fiction.



I'm simply stating my opinion of course, you may have a completely different opinion on them which is completely fine. After all, what goo would book discussions be if we were all in agreement.


Now is the point where I'm supposed to tag a few people, but I will not be tagging anyone because I usually forget a bunch of  people and end up feeling really bad about that so yeah.


If you think this looks fun and you want to do it consider yourself tagged. And when you do, leave a link to your post in the comments as I would love to see your answers for the tag.


Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment