Tuesday, July 25, 2017

My Booktubeathon TBR

Hello Underlings! Er, readers. Today I have decided to share my TBR for the Booktubeathon which is a Readathon event that Booktubers do which runs from July 24- 30 (Yes I realize that I'm not a Booktuber, but I'm doing it anyway) What happens is there are 7 reading challenges decided upon that you must meet throughout the week, and you must pick a book for each challenge and try to read it during the Readathon (I probably just totally confused you all) with that confusing explanation out of the way, here's my TBR for the week.

Challenge #1. Read a book with a person on the cover.

I've heard that this is one of "those classics" that you should read in your lifetime. And though, I don't particularly have high expectations for a book that focuses on people cheating on their spouses I'm willing to give it a try. The reason I picked this one is because (A) It's short, (B) It has a facish thing on the cover, and (C) It's a classic which means I can read it and not feel like an uncultured swine (A name given to me by my sister)


Image result for the great gatsby cover



Challenge #2. Read a hyped book

I realize that I kind of missed out on the whole OMG LETS READ ENDERS GAME! curve, but this is still a fairly hyped book from what I gather. And being a big Scifi fan, I've been wanting to read this one for a while. Hopefully it has cool fights and alien guts

Image result for enders game



Challenge #3. Finish a book in one day

Those of you who have been reading this blog for awhile probably already know what about this book made me pick it up. Can you guess? If you get it right, you can have free oxygen.

Image result for the supernaturalist


Challenge #4. Read a book about a character completely different from you

The MC August is a monster who eats people's souls, which I'm pretty sure I don't do. I prefer human meat marinated for about two hours and sprinkled with salt and pepper, souls taste bland.

Image result for our dark duet

Challenge #5. Read a book completely outdoors

As much as I love Harry Potter, I have yet to read any of the short novellas that take place in the Hogwarts/ Harry Potter universe so I figured this would be a good place to start (Plus it's short, which means I'm less likely to get eaten alive by mosquitos)

Image result for the tales of beedle the bard



Challenge #6. Read a book you got because of the cover

I actually don't really get books based on their cover as I like to make sure I'm comfortable reading it content wise before I get it. So instead I chose this book based on what I've heard about it.

Here's what I've heard about it: 1800s setting+ Pirates+ Sassy characters= The Lies of Locke Lamora. Need I say more? 

Image result for the lies of locke lamora

Challenge #7. Read 7 books.

Aaaand finally I just have to choose one random book. For this I chose The Tomb of the Sea Witch, the sequel to The Beast of Talesend. I chose this book for a number of reasons, it came out on the 24th which is the day the Readathon began, this book was all I could think of for the past week, and Crispin.

I actually just finished it today and loved it just as much as the first. It's full of fandom references, sarcasm, and awesome characters if your looking for a reason to pick it up.

And also, don't forget to subscribe to, and support the author on his blog(http://kylerobertshultz.com/blog/) Talented indie authors are very rare and could use any support you can give. Plus he and his blog are awesome and you'll be missing out if you don't subscribe.

35702808

So that's my Booktubeathon TBR! I hope you guys enjoyed, I enjoyed writing it.

What about you guys, are you participating in this event? if so what's on your TBR? What are you guys currently reading? I'd love to chat with you in the comments below. Come on now, I don't bite!

3 comments:

  1. Aw, thanks so much for the shout-out, Emrys! I really appreciate it! (And the other books on this list look awesome, so I'm honored!) :D

    ReplyDelete